The 2011 Sison fiesta season will kick off to a rousing start this year! The Bloom Sison, Run for Progress will kick off the season to a running start as hundreds of enthusiasts will participate in a 3K, 5K and 7K fun run on the morning of December 10, 2010.
Slated for the evening, after runners have caught their breath, they can return to the Sison Plaza to cheer for their favorites and enjoy the 2011 Battle of the Bands which is sure to rock not only the youth of Sison but all music loving denizens.
According to orgarnizers, the contest is open to all age groups. Each band is required to perform 3 songs in these categories: Original Pinoy Music, Reggae, and Rhythm & Blues.
- 1st Prize – Php 9,000
- 2nd Prize – Php 6000
- 3rd Prize – Php 4000
For additional details on how you can enter the contest, call or text the Municipal Chairman of Samahang Ilocano-kabags at 09064028140.
August was the Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa (National Language Month) and it is celebrated through various activities in schools throughout the country. Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa is an effort to promote love and pride for the national language and is sponsored by the Department of Education. The 2010 theme for Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa was “Sa Pangangalaga sa Wika at Kalikasan, Wagas na Pagmamahal Talagang Kailangan”.
During the month-long activities, Artacho Elementary School’s Sabayang Pagbigkas Group garnered third place honor during the Buwan ng Wika Celebration at the municipal level. The Sabayang Pagbigkas is a group oration competition where these talented young students from Artacho competed against 25 schools.
Mr. Sergio Simudlan, winner of the Smile Contest, proudly accepted his award from Emily Benosa Homma. Emily awarded the winners Blueberry Jam which is supposed to be good for improving vision.
The other winners, Mrs. Letty Pis-o and Mrs. Gaudiano were out of town during the ceremony. Their blueberry jams were delivered to them.
This is the second announcement for an environmental themed contest. This contest is conceived and sponsored by Mrs. Emily Homma of Japan. We invite all citizens of Sagunto to participate in these endeavors. Direct all questions to this blog or the sponsors.
Theme and Description: A group contest for the protection of our community environment that would serve and care for natural assets like rivers, farms and gardens, barrio streets, hills and mountains that are essential for the continuing growth and sustenance of the connecting communities in Sison such as Sagunto, Artacho, Agat, Cauringan, Asan Norte, Asan Sur, Labayug and Pinalpal.
First Prize- 5,000 pesos
Second Prize: 4,000 pesos
Third Prize- 3,000 pesos
Consolation: 1,000 pesos
Initial Funds: 500 pesos outright grant for any group applicant. Fund to be used for
planning materials, posters, seedlings, cleaning equipment, etc.
WHO can join: Any group of at least ten people 13 y.o and above forming a club, association, religious congregation, youth group, adult and senior
citizens, sports team, etc. concerned of the welfare of our people and nature.
WHAT to Present:
A Project Proposal to Clean, Create, Plant, or Protect….
An Already Ongoing Project Cleaning, Renewing…
Any Project in line with this contest’s theme
IMPORTANT: The group must carry out project activities regularly as stated in the plan, for at least one year from date of application.
1. On an 8×11 in. paper, state the following elements of the project typewritten or handwritten in bold script.
- AIMS and OBJECTIVES or RATIONALE
- NUMBER of members or participants, with list of officers
- TARGET LOCATION or place of activity and reason for choosing the site.
- ACTION that describes how the group will carry out their program/project.
2. There should be GROUP SLOGANS presented though POSTERS or BANNERS aiming to publicize the group’s project to the community. Give a brief explanation about the poster or banner, drawing and illustrating it on another piece of bond paper to be attached and submitted together with the project proposal.
3. OPTIONAL, Attach Copies of leaflets, Literature ,Handouts or DENR fact sheets to be distributed during the presentation of entries or Awards day in December.
4. DEADLINE: Submit the project proposal (2 pages) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to barrio secretary, or contest Representative Rolly Benosa from May to October 30, 2007.
Awarding ceremonies will be held on December 30, 2007.
5. Community Presentation of Entries with the presence of Group members, and invited guests, and Awards Day will be on December 30, 2007
Sponsored by: GO! GO! BAGO! HBILC-Japan, FRIENDS OF SAGUNTO, USA-UK
When I visited Sagunto last February, I was talking to an Uncle who lives in Manila and he was telling me how smart Filipinos are (no argument here) but lamented the fact the reknown and glory for the inventions of Filipinos are never widely known because most of the inventors sell their ideas to large companies rather than doing it themselves. He said, “Did you know that the hybrid car was a Filipino invention?” No, I didn’t. “Did you know that the flourescent light was invented by a Filipino?” No, I didn’t. And he went on and on about numerous other inventions that went to foreign manufacturers or companies that originated in the mind of a Filipino. So this Filipina’s mind started to spin (again) with ideas.
It’s better to help a man to fish than to give him the fish, right? We are an enterprising people. Just walk up and down Sagunto and you will see people in front of their makeshift booths selling anything from barbecue on a stick, to ice-candy to whatnots. Let’s not forget the door-to-door salespeople with baskets of fish, vegetables, pandesal, etc.; or the makers of beautiful handicrafts made from recycled paper, wood, seeds, shells. We have such talent in our little barrio. Let’s see if we can kick-it up a notch and make it fun for everyone.
The late U.S. President John F. Kennedy said during his inaugural speech in 1961, “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.” And to paraphrase that, I say to you: ask not what your barangay can do for you–ask what you can do for the barangay (and make some money, too). This contest is all about helping each other, helping the environment, and helping yourself be self-reliant. The rules are simple.
******APPLICATION DATES HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO 10/30/2007***
- The contest will be for anyone 16 years or older (younger applicants may join in with a partner 16 yrs. or older)to submit eco-friendly and sustainable (Ecologically acceptable; not harmful to or threatening the environment) micro-business ideas that you think will be profitable
- You need to write the idea in essay form (Not necessarily a formal business proposal but close to it will do)
- The “proposal” or business description needs to address WHAT the business is, HOW easily can you start it, WHAT would you need to start it, WHERE would you sell it(WHO is the customer) and HOW would this business help the Barangay (Does it involve the 3Rs of conservation: Reduce, Re-Use and Re-Cycle or clean the sorrounding environments that would include Sagunto)?
- WHY do you think this idea is good for the environment (The 3Rs)?
Applicant must be from Sagunto, Agat, Artacho, Macoco, Cauringan, Palina or close neighbors of Barangay Sagunto (within a ten mile radius)AND/OR children of someone originally from Sagunto and still have blood relations in Sagunto.
The submissions must be received (via Word document and emailed to: email@example.com) by October 30th, 2007.
The prizes are as follows: The first prize will win P3000 pesos and will be featured in our blog. Second Prize is P2000 pesos, and third P1000. There will be 2 honorable mentions who will receive a consolation prize. All winners and honorable mentions will receive a certificate of recognition.
To help you think of the different things you can do, I’ll even attach a link to get some ideas to use: http://www.aidfortrade.org.uk/links.htm Good Luck and Let’s have some fun!
READY, GET SET, GO!
To participate in one of our contests you must be 16 years of age or older, or under adult supervision, and in conformance with all law, rules and regulations that may pertain to your state (be informed of all your state laws). Our contests are subject to the official rules set forth on this website by which all entrants are bound. We reserve the right to close the contests early or late without warning. Upon winning the contest, the winners will be announced on this website and cash prizes awarded at a special ceremony to be held in the barangay hall (December 30th 2007). Please note that by completing and submitting your name as an entrant to any of our contests you will be agreeing to abide by the official rules and regulations of our contests. You further agree that all information can and will be published on the close of the contests including the name you provided. Addresses, phone numbers, and emails will not be published without the further consent of the contestant. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER A CONTEST MORE THAN ONCE UNDER ONE NAME. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER OR ENTER OUR CONTESTS IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO OR ABIDE BY any of our above stipulations. This contest is not officially sponsored by the Sagunto Barangay. The Images of Sagunto is a separate entity from the official Sagunto Barangay website and Images is solely responsible for the contest rules and regulations and cash prize awards. This announcement may be reproduced, copied and distributed.