Reminder: Donations still needed for Gongs & Costumes

Subject: REQUEST FROM TRIBAL CHIEFTAIN
HI,THE TRIBAL CHIEFTAIN REQUESTED ME TO POST THESE PICTURES OF THE TRIBAL DANCERS, IN PRACTICE, DURING THE EARLY HOURS OF NEW YEAR’S DAY.AND TOLD ME TO ASK YOUR HELP ON THE CONTINUING SOLICITATION FOR THE DANCER’S COSTUMES.THEIR PREVIOUS PERFORMANCES AT THE TOWN AND BARANGAY FIESTAS WERE DONE USING BORROWED COSTUMES…

Photos courtesy of RBenosa

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This entry was posted in donations, Tribal Council on by .

About Jeanette

Jeanette is a native of barangay Sagunto which she always considers as home even as she now resides in the U.S. She is the administrator, creator, editor and writer of this online newsletter. She is a professional blogger and maintains several personal and professional sites.

7 thoughts on “Reminder: Donations still needed for Gongs & Costumes

1. emz

I wonder why the tribal council has not posted their report yet though i’ve heard that someone has been assigned to post it here already. from what i’ve heard, some additional collection arrived from somebody in USA, someone from Japan, and the big lot of donation for gongs from a fellow in the UK. with all these, still the budget requirement for costumes has not been covered yet. more donations are needed so these young dancers could perform representing our tribe or entertaining us with our cultural dances. AND ANOTHER SUGGESTION TO ALL BALIKBAYANS, BUY YOUR OWN COSTUMES SO YOU COULD JOIN IN THE PRESENTATIONS, AND BUY AN EXTRA ONE TOO FOR DONATION TO THE COLLECTION. I have just contacted my sis-in-law to buy a nice one for me from Sagada. Nagmayat dyay adda burayaboy na 😉

2. Jeanette Post author

They’ve posted it, and I have their report. The someone who was assigned to post it has done it in a timely manner. I was just not aware that there was a deadline? I was trying to pace the reminders regarding donations so that they don’t all occur at one time and quickly forgotten. Also, don’t forget that we had Valentine’s day photos and SS anniversary posts that were in the line up.

So the report not having been posted here yet is my fault, not theirs. I’ll post it soon. And yes, they did acknowledge your donation, Emz 🙂

3. emz

Oh, they’ve sent on time, thanks Arlene. Aha! So it’s you Nette! No problems Nette, as I thought I was trying to help you remind them of their report. I just didn’t know they’d post my small 2k too. But no matter what amount, we fulfilled our promise, right? How about the others who pledged? and will pledge? They forgot to mention about that anonymous donor of gongs from UK though. Well, okay, I got it. Since the Tribal council has not actually received that donation yet, but donor entrusted those gongs on another caretaker…okay, let’s just wait for them to finally decide who to receive it. I am trying my best to make a follow-up on others who’ve pledged and will pledge since they are running out of time in preparations for the other tribal representations too. Besides, I “took oath” 🙂 to campaign for it, each time I met the chieftain along the “taltalon road”. Chieftain, I’ve done my part.

4. evz

my pledge is still a pledge am going to give it in due time!!!

ania ngay friend from NJ maybe we can give our pledge by april okay friend!

5. emz

hahaha, eva umaray ka pala! naisambot ko met piman, before da nga inpost ditoy, baka kunada agkarasao ak, awan met gayam inted ko, 🙂 wala tuloy akong one-month sushi lunch.
    uray siguro inton to eva, no golpiem laeng amin nga costumes 🙂

6. evz

No am just fine Emz anyhow I did not pledge when to give it I just pledge the amount! I know my obligation Sis I am just getting the right time for the right season!

7. emz

hello others who also want to share their blessings for the costumes. come on, don’t be shy to post your pledges here, or send directly to the tribal council. i tell you, these people dance so well, and you’d be encouraged to move with their beats when you see them. korea, italy, uk, macau, saudi, australia, hongkong, singapore, thailand, dubai, errr, what else.