Palluok in Labayug

This is the Quiet Cool team of Sagunto strutting their stuff during the program in Labayug, 1991. This was a dance previously mentioned here, when the team presented their dance during the Sagunto bario fiesta, 1990.

This is just a preview of more to come. This long lost dance, that we had a difficulty finding still photos of, has a video! So stay tuned, this is just a preview of what’s to come.

Let all these videos of tribal celebrations remind you, donations are still needed for the tribal instruments and costumes requested by the Tribal Council. Let’s please keep this project in mind as you consider your holiday gift giving.

Video courtesy of EAnnaguey

This entry was posted in dance, Tribal, video on by .

About Jeanette

Jeanette is a native of barangay Sagunto which she always considers as home even as she now resides in the U.S. She is the administrator, creator, editor and writer of this online newsletter. She is a professional blogger and maintains several personal and professional sites.

6 thoughts on “Palluok in Labayug

1. Babot

Baw! Nakinkini pay dagita nga lalake ngem dagidyay babaket nga nag-sala, bwahahaha!!!! Thanks Uncle boying for the laugh….that was so fun to watch!

2. lamlam-ek

nagganas aya!!! Dayta dagiti Quiet Cool Team nga nag Grand Slam ti invitational basketball tournament sagunto 1991-92, ken dyay cauringan ..champion da nga talaga.. dagiti dancers nga balaki/ladies/ladays ket ni larry amboni, felix wagayen,daniel carino, Jr Malqued ken june estal..dagiti met lalaki ni edoy erick monatllana, larry benosa, kelly castillo, ken syak.. dyay met adda gayang na ket ni delfin gomez a.k.a. mango..

3. TruBlue

Been watching these videos (g-strings and gongs) for a few days now and maybe I’ve been ignorant of the Bago Culture all this time. I was never aware you also did this Igorot tradition. I only say that coz during my brief college days at UB Baguio years ago, no one of Bago descent ever associated with our BIBAK group then.
    So proud of the guys that donned those g-strings. Am city born and never wore one let alone know how to put that sucker on, hehehe…..on the other hand, if ever there was a marathon or 5k or 12k in the cordilleras that requires everyone to wear a g-string, I might be compelled to jump in, think my two lower chicks are still compact…..
    Maybe a more recent video is appropriate. Love watching it, coz it’s something that I can’t do.
    Cheers to all and goodhealth as well.

4. Babot

Hehehe…hahaha…ayah Trueblue pinakatawa dak mannen! OK bro, if and when you ever do run a marathon with your g-string it’ll be featured here and throughout the blogosphere!!! I remember my Uncles who used to board with us in Baguio and most of them were BIBAK members. My theory is that most Bag-os probably felt like half-breeds and either embraced their indigenous side and just went as Igorot or their ilokano side. That’s why I was so pleased to read Mr. Bauquen’s essay on the Bago, etc. My Lolo always told me that we were Bago but never really knew what it was because like most people (especially kids) have no idea what that is. I remember the days when my Lolo used to go to kanyaws in the Cordi area or in Ilocos Sur…I just thought of it as something exotic and so different…I still do 🙂

5. elmerb

Pallu-ok?dayta ti sala nga insalog dagiti taga Malibcong,Abra,babaen ken Balangue Banaban nga isu ti impatawidna iti barangay tayo nga sagunto.Salamat apo Balangue ta manipod iti dul-dulao malibcong abra intogotmo dayta palluok ket tinawid ni tanod ehlites ken dadagiti kapolianna.

TruBlue,if you happen to know father David tabo-oy pls extend my greetings to him.I visited him once in baguio easter school when he was the priest in that church in guisad.He is a friend of mine and my classmate many years ago.
    Merry Christmas Happy New Year….

6. GANGSA AND COSTUME PLEDGES

HELLO KADAKAYO SAGUNTONIANS, ADDA MANEN IPAKPAKAASI DA APO, NO MALAGIP YO DAGIDIAY PLEDGES YO PARA ITI GANGSA KEN CONSTUMES TI TRIBO, DAWATEN DA KOMA NGA IYAWAT YON APO. MADAMA DA NGA AGPAKPRAKTIS IDAULOAN DAGITI TAGA BONTOC. MAYAT KANO KEN NAGPINTAS TI ISURSURO DA NGA PANAGTOKAR TI GANSA, NGEM KURANG PAY KEN AWAN PAY KANO COSTUMES DA. DAGIDIAY AGPANPANUNOT MET NGA AGITED, IYAWAT YON APO TAPNO MAKAARAMID DA DI NAPIPINTAS NGA SALSALA PARA KADATAYO AMIN. info. received thru my email…..emz