This is the second announcement for an environmental themed contest. This contest is conceived and sponsored by Mrs. Emily Homma of Japan. We invite all citizens of Sagunto to participate in these endeavors. Direct all questions to this blog or the sponsors.
Theme and Description: A group contest for the protection of our community environment that would serve and care for natural assets like rivers, farms and gardens, barrio streets, hills and mountains that are essential for the continuing growth and sustenance of the connecting communities in Sison such as Sagunto, Artacho, Agat, Cauringan, Asan Norte, Asan Sur, Labayug and Pinalpal.
First Prize- 5,000 pesos
Second Prize: 4,000 pesos
Third Prize- 3,000 pesos
Consolation: 1,000 pesos
Initial Funds: 500 pesos outright grant for any group applicant. Fund to be used for
planning materials, posters, seedlings, cleaning equipment, etc.
WHO can join: Any group of at least ten people 13 y.o and above forming a club, association, religious congregation, youth group, adult and senior
citizens, sports team, etc. concerned of the welfare of our people and nature.
WHAT to Present:
IMPORTANT: The group must carry out project activities regularly as stated in the plan, for at least one year from date of application.
- 1. On an 8×11 in. paper, state the following elements of the project typewritten or handwritten in bold script.
- AIMS and OBJECTIVES or RATIONALE
- NUMBER of members or participants, with list of officers
- TARGET LOCATION or place of activity and reason for choosing the site.
- ACTION that describes how the group will carry out their program/project.
2. There should be GROUP SLOGANS presented though POSTERS or BANNERS aiming to publicize the group’s project to the community. Give a brief explanation about the poster or banner, drawing and illustrating it on another piece of bond paper to be attached and submitted together with the project proposal.
3. OPTIONAL, Attach Copies of leaflets, Literature ,Handouts or DENR fact sheets to be distributed during the presentation of entries or Awards day in December.
4. DEADLINE: Submit the project proposal (2 pages) via email to email@example.com or in person to barrio secretary, or contest Representative Rolly Benosa from May to October 30, 2007.
Awarding ceremonies will be held on December 30, 2007.
5. Community Presentation of Entries with the presence of Group members, and invited guests, and Awards Day will be on December 30, 2007
Sponsored by: GO! GO! BAGO! HBILC-Japan, FRIENDS OF SAGUNTO, USA-UK